Monday, June 15, 2009

My trip to the ICU!

Swollen feet
After


our wonderful night nurse Sandy

WOW, still adjusting to motherhood. Since I got a nap in and Gabby is still sleeping I thought I would steal some time to update my blog... As of yesterday, Gabby turned 2 weeks old. It was also, the first Sunday, I was NOT in the hospital since I've had our little girl. So for that story. . .

After a 14 hour labor that ended in a C-section, I recovered in the hospital for 3 nights. We had a marvelous nurse Sandy, who was God sent and made my, Ray, and Gabby postpartum stay marvelous. Well I was able to go home on Wednesday. I was so swollen and with extra water weight my maternity clothes didn't even fit for the ride home. By that Friday I noticed the swelling had not went down any so I called the doctor's office which they reassured me it was normal to be swollen. Well by Saturday I noticed it had gotten worse and I was not going to the bathroom. Ray called the after hour nurse who told us we should go back to the hospital. Once we arrived I was check in, where they check my vitals...........HOLY COW my blood pressure was 165/109 , my normal blood pressure is usually around 120/65! I was checked in given meds and admitted into ICU for a 2 night stay! I ended up staying 1 more night for them to monitor me, I was diagnosed with Postpartum Pre-eclampsia (Toxemia) (which I'm believing in healing). When checked in I had not lost any weight from having Gabby and by the first night lost 4 lbs of water weight. So I'm home and feeling much better, but I'm having to take high blood pressure meds to maintain my blood pressure (this will be temporarily, In Jesus Name!)

No comments: