Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What a night...First Visit to Maternity Ward

Well yesterday morning after getting completely dress for work and ready to head out the door, I started feeling nauseous. I called my school immediately and told them I was going to be a few minutes late because sickness came over me. (Luckily they already know what's going on) I ended up laying in the bed clothes on and all and was feeling horrible. Before I knew it, 30 minutes had passed and I couldn't move. I tried calling my school back but could not get an anwer (assuming they were doing morning announcements. I sent the secretary an email, the one I had spoken with and told her I tried calling but could not get an answer and told her I wasn't going to make it in. I felt so bad for having to call in at such short notice. Unlike all the other grade levels, regardless what people think Pre-K is very hard work. I felt bad for my assistant which I always do because I know how hard it is when the other one is not that and subs although they are helpful (some more than others) are just not the same. I ended up coming downstairs to lay on the around 9:30am and was there until 6:00 pm when Ray got off work. I could not eat, had no appetite and everything I did try to eat did not stay down...not even liquids. Around 4 I decided to call my Dr. because I didn't know what this would do to the baby. The nurse that called me back told me I needed to go check in to the Maternity ward so they could give me fluids before it got too bad. I told her I lived in Winston and was it okay for me to go to Forsyth which she said it was, they just needed to know I got checked out. Well after Ray got home we went to Forsyth because we live less then 5 mins away but once we arrived no one had a clue where I should go. Whether I should go to maternity or the emergency room. Ray and I decided it would just be easier to go to Greensboro to my doctor's affiliated hospital, where I will be delivering our baby. After a 37 mins drive I was checked in and eventually seen by a nurse. After getting to a room and being questioned for the 100th time, the nurse came in a gave me Zofran. That was not good! It was the first thing I had in my mouth in hours and the taste of it made me more queasy. They eventually came in with saltines (I had been trying to eat all day) and ginger ale. After not being able to eat all day the crackers were the best thing I could have eaten. By that time I was gaining an appetite and actually wanted more to eat. I ended up eating about 4 packs of saltines and one graham cracker thanks to Ray, he ate the other. After being at the hospital for 5+ hours I was release. I was given a precription for nausea and sent home! I am blessed to say I did not need any IV's and the baby was A OK! I even got to hear the heartbeat again which was a strong 166....Go Peanut Go! I wanted to thank those who lifted me up in prayer and to my wonderful husband for doing whatever it took to help his wifey feel better, even missing dinner!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Poor thing! I hate you were so sick, but hopefully you are feeling better now! Zofran really works though! That is what they gave me when I had to go to the hospital last year b/c of dehydration due to the stomach flu. They told me that is the strongest nausea meds they have!! Hope you are out of the woods now with your sickness. We will continue to pray. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kia,

I hope everything is ok and you are feeling better. I've been there and done that before. Just make sure you keep crackers around you cuz that queeziness is going to come again so just be prepared!! But I'm glad the Lil Peanut(s) are doing fine!! Kiss them(LOL) for us!! Call me and let me know if you need anything!!

Love Sis,
Musie, Bre, & Mya

Oh yeah, you left your sneakers at the house.