Thursday, January 8, 2009

What an Evening!! :-)

What an exciting day, well after school ended! So my mother in law and I planned a little DIL and MIL afternoon , which I wish we got to do more often, to find fabric for the nursery. We first went to JoAnn's fabric store to see if we can find any patterns. With no luck there, she suggested that we just go look for fabric, we can find a pattern later, she said. So we leave and go to this fabric store in Colfax. We walk in and in front of us are hundreds of fabric, I look to my left into another room only to see more fabric, but it was just more fabric, there were fabrics that caught my eye! So we walk over to the fabric and I tell Rhonda, my MIL, "see this is what I'm looking for, I like something like this." We continue to talk about the fabric and what will coordinate with it (which I had no sense of doing). We walk around but nothing else catches my eyes. Eventually we make our way back to the initial fabric and Rhonda says, This will look great, all we need is a solid and stripe to go along with this pattern. I look at the fabric again and we check the prices. Great! Prices we're looking for. Then I look at the name of the fabric.....wait a minute, that sounds familiar, I'm thinking. I look in my purse to pull out a picture. "Rhonda, this is the fabric in this picture, this is was I like." We find the same exact fabric I was looking for without even realizing it. The only problem, we didn't see the stripe fabric that coordinated with the other pattern. We ask the sales lady, and you know what, they do carry the fabric! What an exciting day. We finish the evening with running a few errands and dinner at Olive Garden! What an evening! A simple girl is pleased by simple things!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I can't wait to see it! I know it is going to be beautiful!